Tuesday, November 27, 2007

S-POP HURRAY!

So excited!

Just caught the repeat of S-POP Hurray! on TV just now, and it was great! Brought back so many wonderful memories of songs and singers, both past and present (especially the past). This series of programs aims to showcase the talents of Singapore's Chinese pop industry from the 1980's to the present. Reminds me of all the good times back when I was a kid and teenager (yeah it was that long ago ... )


The TV happened to be on Channel U when I was having a late dinner, and I, seeing that this is a show not to be missed, I immediately started recording with my hard disk recorder (haha, no more fumbling for video tapes along with the cursing and swearing when there is none!). I simply love this gadget!

This 18 installment entertainment series, whose aim is to rejuvenate and encourage the development of the local popular music scene, is a MUST-watch for any fan of local Chinese pop music way back from the xinyao era.

The first 2 installments are 2-hours each presented mini-concert style, so these will be perfect for reminiscing the old, enjoying the current, and previewing the future. I shall continue to record the 2nd installment.

26-Nov-2007: 7pm to 9pm
03-Dec-2007: 7pm to 9pm

The rest of the installments start from 8pm every Monday, till the finale on 23-Mar-2008 (Sunday) where it will be telecast live! from the Singapore Indoor Stadium from 7:30pm. I'll be sure to record that as well!

During this period, there will also be OUTDOOR PERFORMANCES with time and venue to-be-announced! I'll definitely attend if I can make it!

More words are unnecessary - find out all the information you need about the event by visiting the official website linked from the title of this post, or the S-POP logo above.

Now I know what songs I will be singing on my next karaoke outing! :-)

No comments: