Thursday, November 22, 2007

Random Play

I've learnt something new. Random Play suddenly became infamous thanks to FaceBook.

Thinking that the phrase was quite fun, I tried to edit my profile to include that, but try as I might, the option is NOT showing up for me! So off I went to do some research on the Internet. Turns out that FaceBook users who are not part of a college network (i.e. not college students) are not eligible to list their relationship desire to be Anything I Can Get, or Random Play.

Another comment here.

The argument is, imagine you are a working professional in a 'respectable' multi-national company, or you have already climbed the corporate ladder, taking up leadership positions. Your boss, or subordinates, or even head-hunters find at your FaceBook profile and noticing that you are looking for "Random Play", snigger to themselves in amusement and never look at you the same way at the office again. There goes your promotion AND respect.

Actually, Anything I Can Get is fine, though I don't see it as having any specific meaning. Simply "Friendship" is good enough to mean the same thing. Anything I Can Get borders on desperation - let's be temporary friends, or pen-pals, or have a couple of dates without obligations, I just can't stand being alone!

I don't see what's the big deal with Random Play. In fact, I like Random Play. Life would be so boring without it. Random Play is a good thing, and I highly recommend everyone to Random Play. Millions of people around the world are already engaged in it!

Don't believe me? I've got the most trendy company in the world to back me up.

Other uses of Random Play:

No comments: