Sunday, May 25, 2003

Had dinner with Guangrong last night; complained about the usual things and basically caught up with each other. Tried out Singnet's wireless access at Delifrance with his brand new Acer laptop with the Centrino chipset. Performance is not too bad at all.

While spending the rest of the night at Borders, I was browsing this book by Dr John Gray (of "Men are from mars, Women are from Venus" fame) about men and women in the workplace. I forgot the title though. It was a very interesting read, since I can identify with most of what it said.

Was helping Vanessa this afternoon installing Windows 2000, so that true multi-tasking has finally become reality.

Spend the rest of the day at the library. Really has to finish those books. I managed to get what I wanted from the Embedded Systems book and skimmed through the Cisco Wireless book, learning about HiperLAN and what not. Finished just before the library closed and grabbed another CSS+DHTML book in the process.

Tried to look for Ayn Rand's "Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology" but it was on loan. Laurens introduced me to Ayn Rand to help me achieve a better understanding of life and why things are. Check out Ayn Rand and Objectivism.

No comments: