Sunday, June 01, 2003

I am Sam - Love is All You Need

I never felt emotional while watching TV or movies. "I am Sam" changed all that. Sterling performances by Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer and dear cute Lucy turned me into marshmallow.

"You need to set your dreams high." "It's about constancy." The lawyer who never loses a case loses her husband, and almost loses her son as well. When we are smart, good looking, capable, 'perfect', we strive to keep the status quo, but we miss out on the things that really matter.

While buying school shoes for Lucy at the shoe store, Sam didn't have enough money (because he had to go to the teachers parents meeting the previous week), his friends selflessly chipped in whatever little they had. How many of us affluent punks could ever do that? I don't know if the amount ever made up $16.19, but heck, the gestures were worth more then $16.19 million. Thinking about this still brings the pH level down in my nose (ha! I just won't admit it!)

P.S. Anyway, my mum thinks I am catching a cold. :D

No comments: