Tuesday, December 25, 2007

New Year Resolutions

Merry X'Mas to one and all! As the year wraps up, people start taking vacations, go for holidays to refresh and recharge, and take stock of what they have done for the past year and what goals they have for the year ahead. Some of us may want to perform an annual life audit like our very famous Mr Wang.

Thanks to all for your support and stopping by my blog all this while. You know who you are, lemme know who you are! For those who said they will read, but didn't show up, I know who you are too :P. But no worries alright?

What are some of the most popular pages on my blog? Here they are, in no particular order:
I'm quite disappointed that my tourist guide to Singapore was not found by anyone. I think it's a pretty good writeup! (But then again it is outdated).

Yes, we all know what they say about new year resolutions, after so many years of my life, this is the first time I am thinking about some serious resolutions.

I do have quite a lot of things to blog about, but have been lazy (and busy) to keep up with everything.

For now, let me start with my new year resolutions.
  1. Build up sources of passive income (path to financial independence)
  2. Keep regular sleeping hours (i.e. sleep by midnight and wake by 7am)
  3. Have better time discipline and stop procrastinating. (this one is hard)
  4. Spend money prudently, invest money wisely.
  5. Improve my financial planning (this is related to building passive income). (yeah, insurance agents and FPs will come a-knocking :D)
  6. Spend less (frivolous) time on the computer. (I REALLY mean it!)
  7. Improve my organizational skills.
  8. Improve my people skills.
I've also been wanting to do this for years - digitizing and posting a few of my essays written in school that I was quite pleased with. Not that these will be of any literary merit or be accepted by the New York Times (or even by *gasp* The Straits Times). Let me just list them out for my ailing memory's sake.
  • Urbanization Essay (1994 GP Prelim Essay)
  • Satire (1997 Rhetoric 105)
  • Root searching in Guangzhou (广州)
Look out for them.

No comments: