Tuesday, November 11, 2003

When and How to Lie Effectively


Yes I know, people hide or distort the truth for various reasons. Not all the reasons are malicious, of course, there may be a really sensible one. For example, you deliberately ignore a call from someone you don't like. When the person next asks you why you did not answer the call, you will cook up some excuse like "the phone was on silent" and "I was asleep", or "watching TV". It would be bad manners to admit that you deliberately ignored the call, wouldn't it? But then again, it would be overkill to emphasize how tired you were, or even going to the extent of saying that you fell asleep a few minutes before the call came in. Talk about being lame!



Restaurants and Food Places


Hmm ... realised that the first Mc Cafe is at Great World City first floor. On the same floor, there is Delifrance and Coffee Bean, all within line of sight of one another. Talk about competition. There is also a Kenny Rogers at Great World City! I thought only Suntec and Tampines Mall had it. Tiong Bahru Plaza have some new restaurants on the second level. Seems that these places are springing up all over the place. I should frequent Great World City more.



Taking Hints


Yeah, I geuss some people dun like to be direct and straight to the point. They prefer to beat around the bush till the cows come home. Please pardon my poor language. Well, unfortunately, if you wanna tell me something, you have to tell it to me straight. Beating around the bush never gets the point across. This explains why I am taking up Wing Chun kung fu.


No comments: