Monday, November 10, 2003

My Weekend



Had a wonderful weekend with family and relatives. I spent Saturday at home tidying up my room (but the amount of rubbish in the place still stays the same). Chloe visited around 1:30pm, earlier than the usual 5pm or so. We had a great time laughing at her antics. Too bad I had to attend a Deppavali dinner at 7pm at the Community Club downstairs, which dragged on and on and on ... duh ... but the food wasn't too bad, except for the fact that it was served so late.



Cousin David booked a chalet for a barbecue at Aranda resorts in Pasir Ris, next to Downtown East. It was great having the four young ones altogether at once. Rachel, Herman, Cody, and Chloe. The big sisters and brothers were very obliging to 'sayang' little baby Chloe (who has just turned 1 almost a month ago); very admirable considering the fact that they are so hyperactive. Herman and Cody had no reservations about playing with uncles like Anson and myself whom they seldom met. Rachel still needs a bit of work. :)



Had two games of bowling at long last. It must have been more than a year since I've last bowled. My first game was not good. I left too many frames open, but managed to squeeze in a spare at the last frame to total 100. In the second game, I was more focused and consistent. Proper aim and the fact that the ball actually went were I wanted it to go helped a lot. I had only 3 open frames in the first 9. I spared the 10th frame and hit a 7 on the last throw, giving a grand total of 144, which I think will most likely be a year-high, considering that it is already so close to year end and I might not bowl for quite some time. I'm thinking if Wing Chun might have helped? Hee hee. Maybe all the Siu Leem Tau has strengthened my wrists, giving me better ball control. My arms felt stronger as well. Cool! Thanks to Sifu!



The score: 9- X 9/ 9/ 3/ 8/ 5- X 81 3/7 (Total: 144)

No comments: