Monday, July 07, 2003

Minor Scare


My hard disk was acting up over the weekend. My PC would sometimes not boot, or it would hang occasionally. Then WinXP refuses to boot up properly.


Turned out to be a loose power connecter. I pushed it in, wiggled it a bit and things seemed to be okay. But first I had to boot into Win2K, my alternative OS and let it correct errors on my WinXP partition before I could get into WinXP again.



The Big Event


Getting a new apartment, worrying about renovation, buying new stuff for the house, dealing with contractors and designers, the works. Sidney is busy running around for all these things. We were at IKEA on Saturday morning to buy lights and bulbs. He bought a sheepskin rug, to the protests of everyone else except me (I always support you buddy!). My sister was kind enough to drop by and sign for the purchases to get a discount. "It pays to know people", so said his future mum-in-law. :-)



Tired but Happy


Never enjoyed myself so much on a weekend for a very long time. Even though I slept at 5am (I really was not watching the clock, and it just felt like only a minute has passed since I started at 1am) and woke up at 8am, the whole day was really fruitful. Saw Sid's new place in the afternoon at Seng Kang. The theme of the estate is very nice, but too bad it is not very populated yet. We deposited the purchases at Sherri's place (where I saw her cats) and then went to Pasir Ris for dinner. Thought of catching a sneak for T3, but we were too bushed and there were no sneaks for T3 at that time. So we all made our way back home. It was truly a memorable evening.


Woke up at 11am on Sunday feeling slightly hung over. The headache lasted the whole day. But I still went over to Sim Lim Square to check out the latest product offerings and prices. Was dozing off on the bus journey back home, woke up just in time to get off the bus, otherwise I would have ended up at Harbour Front (good I could have visited the NEL station there).


No comments: