Thursday, July 03, 2008

Sony Ericsson G900

My Ideal Phone?


There have been many candidates for my ideal phone already. What are my criteria?
  • > 3.2MP camera
  • 3G
  • QuadBand (is this a given for 3G phones?)
  • WiFi
  • FM Radio
  • Bluetooth
Worth mentioning features include
  • Handwriting recognition
  • StickyNotes
  • TrackID music recognition
  • Business card scanner
While these doesn't make it an iPhone-beater (the G900 doesn't even look/feel/sound like a SmartPhone), this unit still distinguishes itself among other 'conventional' mobiles phones in a stylish, right-sized package. GSMArena calls its cousin G700 a SmartPhone in disguise (feature wise, G900 is a superset of the G700). Well done, S.E.!
The Sony Ericsson G900 is physically identical to the G700 with a 2.4" 262K-color TFT display of QVGA resolution. However the G900 has more to offer than its sibling - bringing Wi-Fi support and a 5 megapixel auto focus camera it looks set to cause high-tech high-end excitement. - GSMArena
380 hours standby time and 12 hours of talk time is rather impressive. A whole gamut of organizer functions is ideal for a disorganized person like me. Is it possible to write my own applications for the phone? (this was why I got my Nokia E65 in the first place, but I have not written anything for it until now, even though I've done it in school for the N70, anyway, S60 phones are all the same).

Too bad HSDPA (3.5G) isn't supported. Neither is there infra-red.

Upon seeing an advertising blitz on the train back from work today, I went to the shop to take a look, and there was one on live display, not just a dummy model.

It's the right size and weight (<100g).

Tell me when will you be mine ...

No comments: