Sunday, July 13, 2008

Best Place to have Breakfast in Kuching

The Kuching Food Awards over at Kennysia.Com has chosen

6. Best Place To Have Breakfast

Winner: Choon Hui Cafe, Jalan Ban Hock.

Here's an excerpt from the review:

Located close to town, right next to Grand Continental Hotel, Choon Hui is as authentic as it can get to a old-fashioned Kuching Chinese-style coffee shop. It is open during breakfast hours only, starting business very early in the morning and finishes around 11am.

Why did I mention this? Well, because this cafe is run by my uncle. Personally, I've never been to Kuching before, and I didn't know my uncle's coffeeshop can be THIS popular, and they are only open for breakfast. Man!

So if you are visiting Kuching anytime, do drop by to try the kaya toast (I heard it is a sell-out item everyday).

No comments: